I Forge Iron

saw teeth on spine ??

Fdisk

This site has so much info and most is explaned so well i think im ready to try to build a simple forge and get started and ive already seen if i cant find what im looking i can get help by asking thank you folks im glade i found this place but i do have 1 question how do you make those saw teeth like in the rambo knife no i dont think im rambo and no im not going to make a rambo knife to carry but i would like to try my hand at making a nice wall hanger first

Really start with a saw blade. These were made from pieces of 2 inch wide metal cutting bandsaw blade. I dis stock removal and did not heat treat them because I did not want to damage the teeth by scaling off part of them. They ain't pretty but they do hold an edge and the spine will cut wood, metal or bone.
Camp Knives with saw teeth on the spine - Blacksmith Photo Gallery
If you use saw blades form the blade so that the saw cuts as it is pulled toward you not when it is pushed away from you. This will keep the blade from kinking or binding when you saw.

that is good and im sure it cuts like it should as well
another thing ive seen but not sure it will work is use a thin grinding wheel on a table saw angled along with jig for proper spacing but the blade has to be moved up constantly to get the depth you want to cut the teeth

remember that saw teeth are "beveled" and "set" The bevel makes the tooth and the sharp edge. "set" means they are bent at a slight angle from the blade, that way they cut a slot wider than the blade which keeps the blade from binding in the cut.

I had to stop at PREPARATION OF THE SMITH: when it got to the female part
i guess im not cut out for the magic sword
but on a more serious note as i had said before its just gonna be a wall hanger i figured i could get a good amount of practice with the hot metal with a blade such as the rambo type offsetting the teeth and all