I Forge Iron

Visiting smiths

divermike

I would like to toss out an idea, what if we had a database for visiting traveling smiths, we could have catagories for people with a room for a night, or just shop visiting hours etc. If this has been done, forgive me, I looked around and did not see anything like this. It is inspired by the fact that I travel a lot on business, and am always looking for smithys to visit and share stories etc. If there is already something in place, I'd like to add my name, the Finger Lakes is a really beautiful place to visit.

Mike:

It's a good enough idea though I don't know if it's been done here, it has on other sites. What seems to end up happening regardless goes like this.

Deb and I find ourselves time and money for a couple weeks vacation in the lower 48. We decide on where we want to go, then we both put the word out on where our plans will carry us and ask who might not mind an intrusion.

We then adjust our plans based on who replies, Deb does pygmy goats I do metalheads. It's worked very well for us for a number of years.

I'm in Meadow Lakes AK. please look me up if you're in the neighborhood. Everybody's welcome.

Frosty

WoW Frosty. you are really far away from me:o
But.. for most definite sure, if I am ever in the area, I will consider the invitation a positive and drop in. If you ever happen to be in the central NC area, and don't mind a bunch of children being around, please stop in for a bite and a bang

paul