I Forge Iron

Skipped the knives,Double edged axe

A little plasma cutting,a little heat treating,a little forging,a little quenching,a little welding,grinding and polishing and voila!

1 cm thick military steel, 9 rivets, one white oak 5 cm radius pole,rope and leather. My first baby.17 kilos.It was ordered to be as heavy as posible.125cm overall lenght.64 cm wide.

I hope that it is a good start.
Woock-27.jpg
Woock-28.jpg
Woock-30.jpg
Woock-31.jpg
Woock-32.jpg
Woock-29.jpg

Ive made couple of cold forged armour pieces,but this is my first weapon.
I made a coal forge with a couple of fireproof bricks,some clay,pipes and an modifed vacuum cleaner.It works fine.i made some hammers,and one file knife,but i dont have any pics of it.This is the only thing im going to show,and im of to read as many posts as i can.Better to read ,shut up,listen and learn than to brag around with something out of the class..

thanx for your time appointed towards my post.

Nice job there, Woock.
It is interesting to see it riveted in such a manner. I am not very familiar with artifacts, so is that following an older item or did you dream that up on your own?

The order requirements were to be a double edged,fantasy style and as heavy as possible.I dont usually do that kinda stuff but it was a chalenge I couldnt resist.It was my design but its simple as it can be.

Have you done any test chopping with it?

Yes,we have.Its very hard to lift it,and only leting it fall is enough to chop a leg off.We also chopped some logs with it and realised that after 4-5 swings your arms fall off and you dont chop enough woods for the fire.

Woock-34.jpg
Woock-35.jpg
Woock-36.jpg