I Forge Iron

My first piece

Hey there here is a pic of my first blacksmithing piece. It came about because my boss asked if I could make him a set of gates, I had been wanting to begin blacksmithing so I used his deposit to set up my forge and purchace tools and bits I would need. The photo is of them before they were completely finished and with all the remaking of mistakes and learning as I went I probably earnt about $15 dollars an hour but I didnt mind as it allowed me to start forging.

9376.attach

9377.attach

Edited by Arpspasm

Nice job! Were you trying to cook up some lunch in that second pic?

I didnt realise that the chooks were laying in my forge and I stood staring at the large white piece of coke for a while until I realised it was an egg.

Thanks for all the compliments if you could see a close up you would see all the flaws and the non uniformity of the scrolls. I will have to make some jigs up.

9389.attach

Edited by Arpspasm
adding a pic

Arpspasm - nice job - I wish, and I'm sure many others would relate.... I wish I was able to get $15 an hour on a project that I had problems with getting some things right the first time, or if things happened to take longer to do than figured. It's when your per hour rate gets into the single digits or in the negative when the fun runs out LOL. Thankfully that doesn't happen all the time but it does happen though. Again nice job - keep it up. -JK