I Forge Iron

Funny, one of the reasons I'm so exited is because I'll be getting away from the family for two days :D

Maybe if this one goes well, we can persuade John to make it an annual event ;)

shame but i won't be able to make it down there, family are coming down from london on saturday, ahh well maybe next time :)

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to John for arranging this event.

Day one was taken up with some interesting and informative demonstrations while day two was a chance to practice some of the things demoed and have a play in the forge.

Thanks to everyone who took part and made the event such a success. Once I get my head around this photo posting thing, I

Thanks to all you who attended, without your support we wouldn't have had an event. Especially to Richard, David and Dean who demonstrated for us.

As a first off event it was a bit of a learning curve to say the least. The format was more or less made up as we went on, and was based on some of the blueprints available from the iForge site, but seemed to work quite well.

The items covered were requested by the people attending and on the Saturday included making a rams head, making an owl, a firewelding demo, an arrowhead, a fairly large Christoferson Cross, and a wizard head.

On the Sunday a Russian Rose, the two heat horse head developed into a sea horse, making a curved chisel from an old coil spring and heat treating it, adjusting and altering tongs, making the hat and some variations, and how to brass finish the piece, and then hands on forging for those who wanted to try what they had seen, or do their own thing.

As an added interest, there was a small experimental cross with a glass bead fused in the centre that had been done in a microwave, NOT ADVISED for others to do without the proper equipment, but it could be done in a forge without too many problems, this was purely an experiment as it was thought that it would be a great way to put eyes into Dragons heads as a feature.

All in all a good weekend that we will no doubt be repeating

16606.attach

16607.attach

16608.attach

16609.attach

16610.attach

16611.attach