I Forge Iron

my try at a belt key-ring hook

I was thinking that this would be a good project for any of you teaching others and also a good quick project at demos. You could make it quick and customized to the size belt your customer is wearing. They could then put it right on & walk around using it. And maybe showing ot off to others. Bringing more people to you.

Good job Highlander. It looks real nice. Question, did the Johnson's wax burn, like bee's wax and blacken?

if i had heated it hotter, it would have. i like the natural patina to show, so i heat the piece in an old toaster oven i have so its all the same temp, then i take it out and brush the wax on and it just melts and runs down into little cracks and crevices. i coat the whole ting with that and hand buff to a shine. i heat the piece to 300 and its the perfect temp to brush the wax on with very little smoking. go hotter if you want to have some burn on to darken the color.