I Forge Iron

Latest projects

The knife looks rather cleaverish but without enough offset in the handle (don't know what it's called) to clear your hand on the cutting board. It would make a fine BBQ tool though. Sort of a slicer, dicer, chopper, spatula. I'd call it a Spatulator and brag about being an inventor.

Frosty

I'm not sure what style the knife is Frosty. I just kept pounding until I got a shape that I could live with. I wanted to see how thin I could get the leaf spring without getting too brittle. I guess the knife is kind of like a big cooking knife. I got the idea for the fork from a book. I'm giving that to the father in law.

See? You I N V E N T E D it! It's a special design only YOU know how to make properly and undoubtedly will only pass the secret on to an heir or take it to the grave with you.

I wish I had a cool secret like that.

The fork is nice enough though it could use a little dressing up to make it special. (read marketable) Not knocking it mind, it's just pretty standard fare which is okay.

The knife on the other hand is intriguing and with a little refinement could be a marketable product. It just needs a plausible tall tale to go with.

All in all, good solid work.

Frosty

Tom, Frosty was right on the fork. Refine the prongs a little and you'll sell them quick. The knife is Out of leaf spring?? Nice work. Can you reproduce the style? If you can, it's your style and you'll recognize them when you see them in someone else's camp. BTW, Frosty. Nice line of "Bovine Scatoreous:)!! LOL.