I Forge Iron

just saying hello to you all.

Xforce

hello my name is Bjorn and i always liked to play with fire but i like to make thing to. a freind of mine makes knifes with black smithing and i think thats really cool. so i searched a little bit on google and found this web site. i really like to make some cool things out of metal and stuff. i want to make a forge and if that is done i will use a big piece og iron as a anivil.

im 15 and im from the netherlands.:]

Welcome to IFI. Spend a lot of time in the Getting Started section then progress to the easier Blueprints and you will be off and running.

thanks for the tip to go there. :)

but first i need to make a forge. maybe i can use 2 pans. 1 normal pan and one wok pan. for the air flow i want to buy a cheap hairdryer.

hopefully this will work good as a forge.

Hi,
welcome to IFI from another new member...

I wouldn't advise hairdryers as forge blowers, have no good experience with them... as i started i used old vacuum cleaners. there are models which can blow also (in fact ALL of them can) and they often have a fan regulator too...

found them in second hand shops for only a few bucks..

cheers
frank

thanks all for the warm welcome :).

Reply to Theimi:
in my country we dont have vacuumcleaners that cant blow :( but maybe i can buy a leaf blower for really cheap. im going to try a hairdryer first (just a cheap one for only 7 dollars).

---------------
im going to ask my mom if i can ise the old wok pan becuase we dont cook with it anymore since weve got a new one. i dont know if its alluminium but if it is alluminium than i cant use it right?

and again thanks all! oooh i hope this isnt too long xD!!!

**EDIT**
meh it isnt that long. :)

Huh??
In the netherlands?? No blowing vacuum cleaners?? Don't believe that as i live in south africa now (til 2003 in germany) and here it is very difficult to get some special stuff compared to europe...
But anyway- ANY vacuum cleaner can blow even it may have no connection for the hose..