I Forge Iron

Anvil Indentification

After a little more research, it looks to be a Trenton. Only numbers i can make out on the front leg are 2564. Should be 2 more numbers, right? I can also make out the word PATENTED on the side above one of the welded patches and a W, i'm assuming for WROUGHT, peeking out from under the patch.

If you take a wire wheel to it you might see more detail. Can you get a good picture of the front foot with the numbers? One side might have the serial # and the other side of that might have a weight stamp. Also a better picture of the side you see the words. 

Do you plan to use it? We love to hear when someone new joins the craft.

It happens. Nothing wrong with a late start. I know lol

As far as anymore info, I can't tell. Wire wheel it and maybe try the flour trick to get more detail. Thought i might have an idea but it isnt ringing a bell. 

As far as good anvil or not, how is the ring and rebound? Obviously repaired but looks in good usable condition. I tend to think in the good usable vs. Less good usable as far as anvils. Didn't know what make mine were till after using them for a couple years. 

That's good to hear. Lol. I haven't got a good hammer yet. Will a regular on carpenter's hammer work to test the ring?

I'm gonna keep cleaning on it and see what pops up. I'm also gonna make a "new guy" post showing all of the equipment.