I Forge Iron

Support my anvil

It looks like there was a plate riveted below the 240. It could have been a batch number and the missing plate could have been a company or government plate with a serial number or country of origin or other information. I once attended an auction of a long closed auto Packard dealership n Berryville AR, with an anvil with a plate riveted to it that said Packard under that, Crow Motor Co and under that 1939. I bid on it but it went for a lot more money than I could afford. The grandson of the owner said it was a commemorative award for the most Packard's sold in that year nation wide.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sails. ~ Semper Paratus

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

I don't recall if you said already. What are you planning on forging? 

I’m not a blacksmith. I bought it because i love look at them

8 hours ago, Irondragon ForgeClay Works said:

It looks like there was a plate riveted below the 240. It could have been a batch number and the missing plate could have been a company or government plate with a serial number or country of origin or other information.

Thank you. 
I also thought it had a plate before, but it was lost. 

18 minutes ago, George N. M. said:

Just out of curiosity, where are you in Viet Nam?  I spent a year there 1970-71.  Beautiful country and I would love to see it again in happier circumstances than my first trip.

George

Hi George,

Do you recognize me? We’ve commented to each other few years ago about my leg vise. You said the same things about Vietnam back then. By the way I live in Hanoi - the capital and it’s my pleasure to have u as my guest here. Welcome back!