I Forge Iron

Hello folks

WanderLost

So, first off my name is Zack, Wanderlost is a business name for me. I've been smithing for several years now, and have browsed the archives here for information in the past. Just usually to hermetic to be talkative. Figured I would finally join and say hello.

A little about me and my smithing experiences.

I am trained as a jeweler, and a bit into silversmithing as well. I got into forging steel more to make tooling for myself than anything but do more work than that now. I live in the Pocono Mountains in PA, very middle of nowhere. I dabble in wood work and leather craft as well to add to my metal projects. I usually work more in copper alloys than anything, though my true love is in silver but it is cost prohibitive at times.

Welcome aboard Zack, glad to have you. Nice intro,  covered the basic questions nicely. Its been a while since I talked about it with the club but at one time most of the guys who were doing any blacksmithing had gotten into it to make tools for their wood working. Farriers are the other big cross over smiths. Lots of our guys make jewelry of al kinds. LOTS of mokume gane.

You'll fit right in here. Post some pics and we'll really like you, if not we'll at least pretend to  believe you. We're polite like that  you know. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.