I Forge Iron

Double checking my flame looks OK - cheap gas forge

Nebraska

Your cheap gas forge is apparently working just fine. As to its flame; I suspect there is simply way too much of it. Turn down the gas pressure. You want to get the forge hot on the inside, not the outside. So, add two brick walls; one touching the far forge opening, and the other about one-inch away from the near opening, which you will slide stock through. Once you do that, we will be able to have a look at a flame photo, and answer your question, if you still have any :rolleyes:

So, I had a second look, and the flame looks very good to me, and it desperately needs to be cut back. Had a second look at the forge too, it is looking good, also; what brand is it?

Ok, that was stupid. You said its a Devil Forge :P

The frustrating thing about them is that they keep changing them around; this must be the latest model?

Roger that; I'll back off the pressure and see what that gets me.

I think I bought this model a year ago and set it on the shelf.  Set it up today so I could actually do something besides sit on my XXX and talk about things.

Ditto turning the pressure down and adding baffle wall closures for the doorways. The only thing I have to add is maybe angle the burner downwards a LITTLE so it's not aimed as much into the corner between floor and wall. It isn't bad now but a LITTLE tweak should improve swirl in the forge.

Frosty The Lucky.