I Forge Iron

low propane pressure

aquamo

Cause of low propane pressure can be caused by the valves on the  top of the bottles themselves, on modern propane bottles they have now fitted safety devices which will detect leaks in your system, if your pipes or connectors have slight leaks the valve on your bottle will only let low pressure out,

The remedy is to check your joints with soapy water and look for bubbles, and tighten them,then shut the valve on the top of the bottle, make sure there are no leaks, and this is  IMPORTANT that the burners are turned off,  then turn the bottle on again  then the burner last,hopefully you'll then have full pressure again . Making sure that when you use the forge next, the burners are turned off,  before you open the valve on the gas bottle. 

Hi Aquamo,
Welcome to I Forge Iron (IFI).

You might want to put your location and Country in your Profile info, as you might find members close to you, and many answers to questions are often Country-specific.

I think you're assuming that all countries have the same types of bottle, which might not be the case.  In the UK there are small bottles intended for Patio use that have flow-limited valves, but there are many other sizes that have no flow-limiting. They seem to have different fittings on the tanks to help identify which is which.  Also you don't make any mention of using a gas regulator to control the fuel pressure to the burner, and what you would do with that as you shut down a forge.

I think you're also assuming that everyone has a gas valve at their burner which is frequently not the case, as having a 90-degree shut-off valve at the tank end allows you to cut off the fuel away from the flame source in an emergency, and also allows you to depressurise the hose when you are turning off your forge.  Also, in many cases, minimising the amount of metal pipework at the burner end reduces the amount of mechanical stress put through the burner mounts as well as the burner jets, as it is possible to mis-align a burner jet with too much pipework hanging off it.

Why not tell us a bit about yourself and what your plans are and then everyone can chip in.

Tinker Tim