I Forge Iron

Trying to get back into smithing

I plan on buying new steel once I know that my body will allow me to continue (Notice I didn't say "if"). I want to do ornamental work but first I want to forge just one knife that I'll keep. So far everything I've made I gave to family or friends. I knew they would throw them in a drawer and forget about them so I wasn't worried about fit and finish. I'll probably mostly use mild steel for things like gate latches and such so the type of steel won't really matter, just so it's metal and beaten with a hammer. I've found a place that sells coal about an hour away so I'll be heading up there, maybe in a week or two. I'm in no rush. I've got too many other projects that I've started and not finished so I'll be busy for awhile. 

Jason welcome back.  I don't have much advice like the other fine gentlemen here on what to do, but I'm glad to hear you've recovered from what sounds like an extremely nasty accident and you aren't letting it stop you.   Good l luck and I'm looking forward to pictures.