I Forge Iron

Help finding material

Bensur

I am trying to make a belt buckle from Mokume Gane, but I can’t find and material to do so. I don’t have the time or workspace currently to make my own billet. I have trying to find one to buy, but everywhere I look is either way to thin at like 20 ga sheets or not wide enough with all I can find being inch or inch and a half. Id like a roughly 3x5 sheet 1/8-3/16 thick. Any help sourcing would be appreciated 

welocme aboard from 7500' in SE Wyoming.  Glad to have you.

As Irondragon says, your location will help us give relevant answers.  This is a world wide forum and the answer may well vary if you are in Iowa, Lapland, or Tasmania.

I see that there are mokume gane billets available on ebay but they are on the pricey side, IMO.  There is one seller out of France.  If it were me I'd contact him and see if he could sell me a billet directly that would suit my needs and how much he would charge, including shipping to wherever you are.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

• 1 year later...

Go ahead and post the name, many members would like that. Just not a live URL, I will add that information to the info in the supplier list in the knife section as well

FYI the OP never returned after posting his question