I Forge Iron

Anvil theft alert!!!

TWISTEDWILLOW

It a long shot I know,

but if anyone in eastern Oklahoma, western Arkansas or southern Kansas an Missouri

happens to come across a 70 pound

(short sugar) brand farriers anvil with turning cams on it

you’d know it because it has a 1/4” deep ring worn in the horn

A farrier friend of mine had it stolen outta the back of his shoeing truck, he’s been using that anvil for 20 years since he bought it new and he has grown quite attached to it,

he called me up to borrow an anvil this evening so he can get through some jobs till he can run up to Norman to buy a new anvil

I told him I’d pass the word on here so folks in our region will be on the lookout for it Incase it pops up,

Yes George we’re all watching Craigslist an marketplace for it too,

No reward but he’s posted publicly if it’s returned to his driveway or police department, sheriffs department ect.. no questions will be asked an the matter will be dropped, 

Jerry,

yes every feed store, pawn shop, resale shop, scrap yard, etc has been notified, we all know each other and where all watching,

I told him not to make a big stink on Facebook because more then likely the thief is on there, 

but it’s not likely the thief will post on independent smithing forums online because they will use what they know to make a quick sale,