I Forge Iron

Looking to Identify an anvil with the only markings being D666

DGeer

Pictures of the whole anvil, both sides, front horn, rear heel, top plate will help. Just from the one picture of the mounting on the foot, I'm going to guess it's a fisher.

Das & I posted at the same time.:)

You might try a search like this.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=1912+fisher+site%3Aiforgeiron.com

Yeah- Das is in the west end of the state, I'm in the east. You're invited to whoever is closer. The cast date and mounting lug kinda tells me it's a Fisher- cast iron base with a tool steel top- a very good and quiet anvil. The stamped numbers and letter are most likely aftermarket, put on at the shop for inventory control/ID. As everyone else has said, pics help.

Steve

Thanks all;

I am researching the anvil for a friend.  She is looking to sell the anvil.  It is mounted so I cannot get photos of the bottom but I will ask my friend to get me some more photos.  

On 9/20/2022 at 9:27 PM, Irondragon ForgeClay Works said:

Pictures of the whole anvil, both sides, front horn, rear heel, top plate will help. Just from the one picture of the mounting on the foot, I'm going to guess it's a fisher.

Das & I posted at the same time.:)

You might try a search like this.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=1912+fisher+site%3Aiforgeiron.com

Thanks Irondragon.  The link you sent was very helpful.  And thanks to all of the guys that responded.  I am pretty sure that you are all correct it is a Fisher Anvil.  Thanks again for the help.