I Forge Iron

Help identifying forge and blower

KMADDOX

I actually did find a pic like it finally also Billy. Found it a few miles from me, he said blower needs a little work but who knows may just have some rust and debris in it. I feel like his price is decent now compared to a year ago when i first found it. 

I can spot that candey otto gear box a mile away I’ve got a few!

the clinker breaker also gave it away as a canedy otto

be careful, I can’t personally confirm it but I’ve read three separate reports so far of people finding a fiber gear in some canedy otto western chief/ tiger blowers that came apart, 

don’t force anything!!!!

When I pick up a frozen blower i first check the impeller housing for critters an nests

If that’s clear I start flushing the gear box out to remove the gunk, 

If I have too I’ll open the gearbox up, but only remove the minimum parts needed to get in there to clean it out an inspect for problems,

Not really, you won’t know without looking

i personally have never found the dreaded fiber gear in any canedy otto blower I’ve had

but… there are reports of it’s existence, just because I haven’t seen one don’t mean they don’t exist! 

but there’s also a half dozen other things that can put a blower on the Fritz that can be fixed easily… or not easily but can be fixed!

Ahh don’t be such a worry wort Thomas! 
the machine ain’t been built that I can’t fix! ;)

it just might take me a minute to find the parts! :wacko: Lol

The forge looks to be in pretty good shape, depending on what you gotta give for it I wouldnt be afraid, the blower can always be replaced with something else old or new,

I get your point Thomas, I honestly prefer the forges I’ve built over the factory made ones I have, 

but I still like to play with the factory made cast iron ones sometimes! :D

I guess it depends on what availability of stuff is in your area, for me hand crank blowers are everywhere and easily found here, an I’ve been through quite a few of them so I’m not overly afraid of frozen ones