I Forge Iron

Never enough folks from Texas...

Mark G

Hello everyone. My name is Mark and I live in San Antonio, Texas. I'm not from here originally, but when I was still in the Air Force they sent me here and I decided to stay. (At least until I get a better offer) :)

I first caught the knife making bug a few years ago with a couple of knife kits, while using the equipment at the base woodhobby shop. And ever since then I've been trying to get the time and money around to go all the way with putting a forge together.

I'm looking to meet with any and all blacksmiths / bladesmiths in this part of Texas. I've e-mail with a few, but none of them have been in San Antonio. I could really use some help finding a good supply place for almost everything.

I look forward to getting to know this community better.

Mark Gilg

Yes, there are a bunch of blacksmiths in this area - and some make knives. For example, Johnny Stout is a fabulous knife maker and lives in New Braunfels near me. Ck out his website: Johnny Stout - Custom Knifemaker

Centaur Forge is in New Braunfels and has almost the same stock as the main store in Wisconsin if you need equipment. In addition, Texas Knifemakers Supply in Houston has items specifically related to that craft.