I Forge Iron

New member Hello

TomSmith

Hello All!

My name is Tom, I'm from Tacoma, Wa and I'm looking to meet some other local smiths and possibly learn from or along with them. I'm a beginner, but I have 17 years of steel welding and fabrication experience and would love to share what I can. If there are in any hammer-ins or forge nights I would be excited to join. 

Welcome aboard Tom from Tacoma, glad to have you. My condolences about the Tacoma thing, we all have crosses to bear.:rolleyes: I was born in Everett and have relatives all over the Pac NW. If you'll put your general location in the header you'll have a better chance of hooking up with members living within visiting distance. 

You're in NWBA territory, it's an active organization covering a huge territory. Quite a few Iforge members live in you area I'm sure some will speak up before long. If NWBA is holding meetings attending and getting to know the gang will help you break into the craft soonest.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks for the welcome! I believe I've added my location now. I've been 0n NWBA and am hoping to meet some folks. That forum is a bit rough to navigate via phone and the forums seem a little dead. Hoping not. Definitely want to head down to Longview for as many classes as my wallet can handle HAHA. 

I don't think many if any blacksmith club websites or fora stay updated or busy. Especially under the pandemic, people are just beginning to get moving again.

If classes aren't being offered yet or you can't can't afford many, just hook up with blacksmiths close enough to visit. Just having someone with experience show you a thing, correct mistakes and kibitz will advance your skills many times as fast as learning it on your own.

Frosty The Lucky.