I Forge Iron

Forge not hot enough

Wrappy

So I am having issues with my forge

It says I should be getting 2300+ temperature but I have only been getting around 1700-1800. I'm still relatively new to blacksmithing and it wasn't effecting me too much since I was only working on mild steel, which would work cold anyway. I want to start trying out new techniques like forge welding and carbon steels, so I want to know if anyone has ideas as to why its not hot enough? (I'm going to try messing with pressures this weekend, I think mine will work better with lower pressures)
Here are some images of my current setup (also yes, I am going to apply a new coat as soon as the mix arrives)

f4.jpg

f3.jpg

f2.jpg

f1.jpg

Could be your propane tank. That will have a safety valve in the shutoff preventing too much gas being released when opening the valve or in case of a bad leak in the hose. Try opening it slowly to prevent the safety from engaging. Did the regulator come with the forge and what is it's pressure rating?

The photos show that your your forge is generating plenty of heat, and also why it isn't staying where you want it. You need to do a little more work on that pile of brick. Turn it into a baffle wall. There are other moves you can make, but that one will take mere seconds.