I Forge Iron

How do I know how many burners to put into my forge that I am making?

Rayjp

Just exactly what the title is I’m making my forge and making my burners too and am wondering if there’s like a ratio for how many burners to make sure it heats evenly. The space inside the forge is just going to be a couple inches longer then a foot 

What is the size of the forge you want to build?  2 inches longer than a foot is 14 inches but you also need the diameter and how the forge is being built.  Is the forge being built from hard fire brick, soft fire brick, or a metal cylinder using standard type and style insulation, or other construction?

On 10/13/2020 at 9:18 PM, Glenn said:

What is the size of the forge you want to build?  2 inches longer than a foot is 14 inches but you also need the diameter and how the forge is being built.  Is the forge being built from hard fire brick, soft fire brick, or a metal cylinder using standard type and style insulation, or other construction?

Right now it’s exactly 13 inches long, 8 1/2 across and the height hasn’t been set yet. And It’s made out older style almost terracotta like bricks. Another question I have is how much does the height make a difference because I could make it pretty much as many bricks tall as I want.