I Forge Iron

ITC-100 new zealand

I am looking for itc-100 and cant find any. I have a gas forge that barely gets to welding heat and i would like to get it hotter so i can forge weld better, I live in new Cealand and cant find a place that either sells in new Zealand or ships to new Zealand I don't mind buying from overseas. i am aware that there probably aren't many people who are open right now because of Covid-19 but am looking for someone to buy from after normal life resumes. thanks!

Hi welcome aboard. I always suggest reading this to get the best out of the forum with tips like editing your profile to show your location because we won't remember it once leaving this post.  READ THIS FIRST 

As far as using ITC-100 in a forge, it is not the best due to rapid heat cycling and very expensive. It's designed to use in large furnaces to keep items from sticking. A better choice would be Plistix 900F or Metrikote.

8 hours ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

Hi welcome aboard. I always suggest reading this to get the best out of the forum with tips like editing your profile to show your location because we won't remember it once leaving this post.  READ THIS FIRST 

As far as using ITC-100 in a forge, it is not the best due to rapid heat cycling and very expensive. It's designed to use in large furnaces to keep items from sticking. A better choice would be Plistix 900F or Metrikote.

thank you, I still cant find someone who sells plistix-900f in New Zealand but I am thankful for the advice.

Have you tried a local ceramic / pottery supply? If they stock supplies to build kilns, ask about "kiln wash" they may carry Plistex or Matrikote or the equivalent. Lots if not most companies who sell in different countries have different names for the same product. 

Frosty The Lucky.