I Forge Iron

Aluminium wire for modelling

Hi all

I just want to share a trick I developped when I found some pieces of electrical cable made of multiple aluminium wires; they were left behind by the electrician that changed my main board. Those wires are very easy to bend by hand or with a small plier. I use 20 gauge steel wire to keep them together. Both are reusable many times. I make my models that way; it's very easy to see if something is wrong and it can be reajusted on the spot before messing with steel! lol

Have a good time!

Abenakis

7418.attach

7422.attach

7423.attach

7424.attach

Edited by Abenakis

Thanks Frosty.
I sure will!
Don't hold your breath tought, I have been waiting for my (first) anvil for a good month and I still don't know when it will finally arrive (a 250 pounds RatHole Forge one). And then, I want to take it to my fellow abenakis friends in the reserve where we will make a wood frame to receive the wickerwork that they also do so nicely!
Abenakis

The wooden frame is just for the wickerwork on the seating, back and may be the sides; the rest is all ironwork. I sometimes get to explain part of my ideas forgetting that others don't have a clue about the whole project. Will you forgive me, my far away friend?
Abenakis

The wooden frame is just for the wickerwork on the seating, back and may be the sides; the rest is all ironwork. I sometimes get to explain part of my ideas forgetting that others don't have a clue about the whole project. Will you forgive me, my far away friend?
Abenakis

Of course if there were something to forgive. I should've thought about it and I might've figured it out myself.

So the chair is going to be bent wood and wicker? I was thinking wrought iron and strip stock. Wrought and wicker would be a nice combination.

Somewhere I have concept sketches of twisted wire chairs I'd like to make. They're sort of like soda fountain chairs but patterned after prehistoric critters.

I look forward to seeing the finished products.

Frosty