I Forge Iron

Expresso machine switch

Jonah k

Hey everyone
I got a small lathe and a mill last winter and have been quite busy with other obligations so I haven't really been able to use It that much. I have made a couple simple projects since I've had it just some shop chores but this is the first somewhat complicated project I have made. I thought it was pretty cool. This is the milk selector switch off of my wife's expresso machine. It broke about a year ago and I tried to glue it with epoxy a couple of times but it broke as soon as I put it on. So 4000$ worth of machine tools and 6 hrs of shop time later we have a sweet billit aluminum switch for our 30$ used espresso machine from the swap and buy. The project wouldn't have been that hard except the hole Dow the center is not round its half moon shaped, I dont have a rotary table yet so that was a bit of messing around. Anyways, this was a great learning experience project especially turning the eccentric portion on the lathe. And my wife was happy to get the expresso machine back.
Cheers

P1020900.JPG

P1020901.JPG

P1020903.JPG

Edited by Mod30
Resize large photos.