I Forge Iron

doubled edged bevels are quite vexing. especially at ricasso

CheechWizard

got it some what close then nearly finished the handle mostly because i was scared of making it worse... just got done with another session and im pretty much in the same spot, cant get everything nicely centered. think im gonna started blueing the side im not grinding

dagger1.jpg

Did you grind or forge the bevels? If you don't think it's cheating you can always make a jig for grinding them in. Being able to forge even bevels is not a strong point of mine. I don't make knives though really, but I'd still like to be able to do it well and consistently when I do get the urge. Unfortunately my time at the forge decreases drastically in the winter as my smithy is outside. The sad thing is I actually have time in the winter since my job slows down but the weather doesn't cooperate. Time for a temporary tarp shelter perhaps?

Pnut

this was an project i started back when i first started posting on here so i had some pretty rough bevels forged in but it might as well be stock removel, 60 grit belts. idk why i didnt just switch over to hand filing before i did any damage. also gotta line up the handle a little better with the pamal nut.might end up doing the old epoxy fill in trick with the tang waxxed to make up for empty space. i NEED to get a dress press vise but i can barely keep a regular bench vise on hand. broke 3 little ones in the past few months and my big cole vise is too heavy for my bench. need to work out a way to mount it but the way its designed is tough. 80 pounds just hanging off the edge