I Forge Iron

Bradley Helve Hammer

• 2 weeks later...

what size is this hammer? I have 2 40 lb cushion helve and 1 125 upright have worked a few others I have specs on most cushion helve hammers also foundation plans clear hard maple is the type of wood. I have spes on hp required and blows per minute.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have info on Bradley's though not as much on the helve style as on the other types. There is more than one way to replace the beam. A solid piece of wood can be used. That is how my 300 lb guided helve is set up. Another way is to glue up boards into a beam with the glue joints oriented vertically. In either case, hard maple is the recommended wood. The size of the beam is based on the hammer. You can get this by measureing the machine itself to determine the cross section and length of the beam. The foundation is a funtion of the size of the hammer. I am not sure if I have foundation plans for this style of machine. Horse power and speed are also related to hammer size. Let me know the size and I will see what else I can find out for you. Feel free to contact me via email at pnowak@scotforge.com.

Patrick Nowak