I Forge Iron

i have seen people make nails before but i forget how to make them also i don't have a anvil i have a railroad tie that has the plate still on it that i will use for an anvil(ill post a picture in a bit), so how do you make them again? and would i be able to use the railroad tie for it?

Draw out end to a point to suit your taste. Cut to lenght plus extra for head. Drop in header and peen til satisfied. If you don't have a nail header, a vise can hold the nail while you peen (upset) the head. This exercise teaches drawing out, upsetting, and hammer control.

I know there is a blueprint on making a nail header but I didn't really look for it. ;) Anyway, a RR spike makes a good nail header. A vise will work but the header is worth the time to make, and it too is a good exercise in drawning, punching, and hammer control.
It is also wise to make 10-12 nails each time you go to the forge. This will warm your body up for your forging session and will let you get a good fire going before you start to forge something more critical! Some have a tendency to "get in the fire" before the fire is ready. And once you learn to forge weld, do the same, make a few welds each time you 'light up'.
Chech the BP for nail headers....I know there's one there somewhere....

I watched the YouTube video. For safety sake, you should only have your cutoff tools on the anvil when they are actually in use. I am sure it would be difficult to make that nail in one heat if you were missing several fingers from you hammer hand.
Remember, stay safe. Accidents happen way too quickly.
Jerry