I Forge Iron

Hi, 

Can anyone please help me identify this anvil, and tell me more about it. I found it in my grandpa's stuff and wanted to see if I should keep it or sell it. Thank you.

All I can make out is it says

something-something

& son

Stonebridge best

20190526_101845.jpg

20190526_101824.jpg

Welcome to IFI. I always suggest reading this to get the best out of the forum. READ THIS FIRST -

I'm sure someone familiar with that anvil will be along shortly with info. Could that be Wooldridge G. & Son? They were anvil and tool makers in the late 1800s located in Stourbridge England.

It would help to know where in the world you are located. Hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show it.

You have an anvil. A wire brush by hand will remove a lot of the rust, and hot metal will shine the face. You will never get the backstory and family ties on another anvil. If you sell the anvil, you will not make enough from the sale of this anvil to buy another anvil when you want to start blacksmithing. Anvils are useful tools to have around, from straightening nails, cracking walnuts, door stops, paperweights and yes, even working with metal. You can always sell it later.

• 2 years later...