I Forge Iron

Steam show

So there's a thing called the National Pike Steam horse and gas show or something like that. I just heard of it a few months ago but they have a flea market and the site says they have a "working blacksmith". My mom says she saw it on HGTV once too. I'm hoping for some good finds. It's tomorrow and Sunday. I'll probably post some stuff from my phone through the day. 

Yeah, thats pretty close to me. Never seem to make it out lately tho. Always something going on. Ugh. Maybe I can sneak out there sunday. Be prepared for slow traffic on rt.40. Since there are yard sales All along it.  And good luck not getting stuck behind the wagontrain. ;) I walked 20 miles with it when I was a boyscout and been stuck in traffic behind it as an adult. 

http://www.nationalpike.com/

Hey Jim, it was nice meeting you. Sorry I didn't come back by the shop. I came with my mom, grandma, girlfriend, brother and his girlfriend. The heat started getting to them before I made my second loop around the flea market.

I was able to find a few things thought. Finally got my hands on some dividers and a camp axe. Not entirely sure what the thing at the bottom is though, my mom got it for me  she said the guy said it's for saws, almost looks like something to punch out saw teeth. 

20190518_182832.jpg

I've got about $30 in all of it, did my best haggling but some people just like to say "look online and see what you'd pay" it's ridiculous. It's a flea market. 

Hey Pe3ssure, glad you met Jim. He's a great guy. Got some good finds. 

Think if all goes well I'll head down and check it out with my daughter in the am. Sunday is my morning to give mom a break and let her sleep in.