I Forge Iron

New to this. Bought a devil Forge

Brand new at this and tried my first time melting aluminum cans and did not get any slag off. My big question is what is the proportionate propane gas to oxygen to properly melt aluminum and such it sounded like a jet airplane when I turn the gas in oxygen on it and got very hot it did melt my aluminum cans even though I got no slack off did I not wait long enough for it to melt or it a non slag removal that I screwed up on. I have a 40 lb propane tank to go with this item can anyone tell me the appropriate propane to oxygen make sure I need to do to properly and quickly melt aluminum copper Etc

Welcome to IFI... I always suggest reading this to get the best out of the forum. READ THIS FIRST -  knowing your location would help, hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show it. Also a picture of your setup will also help. What pressure regulator do you have on the tank?

Cans are pretty much the WORST source of Al for melting.  If you are planning to pour molds you will want to use AL scrap that was poured in the first place as it will be alloys designed for casting and not for extrusion or deep die forming!  Have you been over to alloyavenue.com (formally known as BackYard Metal Casting . com)  We mainly focus on smithing here with a tad of casting.

Also surprising to many people ingots of AL cast from cans sell for less than cans do per pound as folks recycling cans back into cans WANT cans under the what it was used for previously rule and ingots are unknown.  So if you want to sell the stuff you pay time and fuel to produce them and get less for it in return.