I Forge Iron

Can anyone I.D. this post vise

bugsandbrodi

I’ve learned that post vises are really difficult to identify.  Without clear maker’s mark there is no chance.  Once you clean it up you will either find or mark or not.  It looks like that will be quite to project.  The thread on the end of the screw look worn thin.  If that is the case, keep your eyes out for more beat up vises for parts.  

Keep at the project and post your cleanup results here.  You may get more answers.

Have fun,

Lou

Looks like an older one that had a tenon mounting bracket since I still see the tenon there with the wedge and part of the spring. Jaws dont look bad from what I can see but I'll agree with Lou that the screw looks possibly bad from what I can see.  Can't hurt to bust it free from the concrete and disassemble for a good wire wheeling. You might find markings and you might not. Either way knowing the maker will not help you in buying parts for it. Either find a parts donor vise or make them. The screw and screw box are the only difficult parts. There are some ways mentioned out there to replace the screw.