I Forge Iron

Just Starting

Hello i just started forging 2 days ago I'm using a railroad track as an anvil but I also have another 7ft of the track to work with I was just wondering whether or not I can use the track to make some tools with and other bits and pieces just looking for some advice on where to go and how to work this type of metal 

Yes it suitable alloy for some tools; HOWEVER the size and shape is such that you would waste many many hours and much fuel and labour compared to other free/cheap steels easily found most places in the world.  If we knew which of the 100+ countries that participate here we might be able to help you a bit more specifically.  Automotive coil springs, leaf springs sway bars, and axles are also alloys suitable for a lot of tools that may be closer to what you want to end up with.

Note forging higher carbon steels is NOT a good way to start as they have much more stringent working limits than does mild steel or even A-36.