I Forge Iron

Hello from Barcelona, Spain

Supereibar

Happy new year to everybody. I thought I would start the year with a good foot, so I bought myself a single foot blacksmith vise yesterday, and today I am joining this wonderful community. You should have seen me, carrying the vise on my Lambretta, running through the streets of Barcelona, sorting out traffic, with that humongous piece of metal sticking out... LOL! Even if my interests are not necessarily in the blacksmith craft, I found its world and surrounding elements absolutely fascinating. Tools are wonderful, and I go crazy about tools. I am a frustrated two stroke mechanic. I also craft small instruments, so I am on the workbench for wood or metal; either way, tools are an important part of my spare time. 

I am here to learn a lot from you people. So with your kind permission, I will start a thread with my latest purchase!

I have a mental picture of you and the vise with your Lambretta. It brings back memories of my brother & I towing a small hydroplane racing boat behind a BSA motorcycle, proving that necessity is the mother of inventions.:) Next thing you know a trailer that can be hooked to the Lambretta is in the offing.

6 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Cold and snowy here on the US (Texas,NM/Mexico (Chihuahua) Border.  Moving big/heavy stuff safely is an issue most blacksmiths share.  Look into making friends with someone who has access to a truck!

I'd love to see a picture of your vise, how wide are the jaws?

Sounds like the US I remember. I was born in Yankee territory, Boston, MA. Then lived a good 8 years in Kentucky. Then some time in Dallas, Texas. So I have tasted the fine weather of the true American winter. I see you have already replied to my Vise topic! :)

1 hour ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

I have a mental picture of you and the vise with your Lambretta. It brings back memories of my brother & I towing a small hydroplane racing boat behind a BSA motorcycle, proving that necessity is the mother of inventions.:) Next thing you know a trailer that can be hooked to the Lambretta is in the offing.

:D:D Its too bad that motorcycle trailers have been illegal here for years. They are still legal in the UK, and some central European countries. I would be down to a PAV cart of the sort. I have indeed, carried, completed 60 pound engines on it. But I was only going round the block to the shipping company! Not sure I would be able to do that on my Yamaha RD250 tho, that is the good thing about a scooter, you can carry as much as you need between your knees and the handlebars LOL!