I Forge Iron

New member question

Rolandag2

First, you need to move your burner back up into the opening to keep your nozzle from sticking out--before it melts. You already know that you need to at least add a seal coating  around the inside surfaces of your forge; none of us here recommend ITC 100 anymore. You would be much better off to get some castable refractory, or seal coating from Wayne, who sells small amounts of them for projects like yours. Finally, I recommend laying a broken bit of high alumina kiln shelf (from a pottery supplies store) on your forge floor area, and redirecting your burner's flame a little bit, to keep it from impinging on the wall area. Let that kiln shelf take the heat instead.

51 minutes ago, Mikey98118 said:

First, you need to move your burner back up into the opening to keep your nozzle from sticking out--before it melts. You already know that you need to at least add a seal coating  around the inside surfaces of your forge; none of us here recommend ITC 100 anymore. You would be much better off to get some castable refractory, or seal coating from Wayne, who sells small amounts of them for projects like yours. Finally, I recommend laying a broken bit of high alumina kiln shelf (from a pottery supplies store) on your forge floor area, and redirecting your burner's flame a little bit, to keep it from impinging on the wall area. Let that kiln shelf take the heat instead.

So, flame looks good? I’m gonna get a insulated fire brick and that forge was just to test. I made a new one and the burner hole is centered on top. Just got a new regulator