I Forge Iron

Belt grinder from Poland

Hello!

I'm knifemaking enthusiast, but building machines always were greater fun for me than later using it ;)

I would like to introduce my grinder to you.

1.jpg 
3.jpg 

1bb.jpg 

It uses 50x2000mm belts, but 2x72 inches belts can be used too. (It's adjustable)
Motor: 1,5kW 3 phase motor (But I'm also mounts 1,5kW 230V 1 phase motors)
Belt speed - 24m/s with 160mm drive wheel or 30m/s when I'm using 200mm drive wheel
Weight about 60kg.

It's prototype, but as we can see on this video - it works nice and smooth ;)

(Sorry for bad quality of video)

Best regards:
Maciej

Marc1

Yes. I'm also cooperate with my friend, who is machinist ;) 

We are considering of build few more refined pieces, because sometimes building machines for blacksmithing is just as much fun as blacksmithing itself!

ThomasPowers

For now I've got only flat platen (I'm not making knives with hollow grind, so I don't need it that much), but I consider it so maybe in future I'll add video with contact wheel ;)

Welcome to IFI... Have you read this thread yet? https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/53873-read-this-first/It will help you get the best out of the forum. One hint is to edit your profile to show your location because we won't remember that once leaving this thread. Another is to reduce the size of the pictures so they don't take up a lot of bandwidth, and we do love pictures but those on dial up connections have trouble with downloading them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...