I Forge Iron

What is an old 99 lb SISCO worth?

35s

Have an old SISCO 99 lb/ Swedish Iron and Steel Corporation" Anvil and wonder what it is worth and if anyone would be interested in it.

21-1/2" overall length x  3-1/2" wide.   Estimate it to be  80 to 100+ years old

IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

Are you offering free international shipping?  If not perhaps you should post it's location...which also factors in the value as the cost of an anvil just in different locations in the USA can differ by several dollars a pound and people from over 100 countries participate in these forums.

Depends on where you’re at. If you’re in the Texas panhandle, I’ll come to where you are and we can discuss it over a nice cup of coffee and I’ll have cash in my pocket. Around here that would fetch $3-4/lb. pretty easy but I’m in a pretty anvil poor area. Other more anvil rich areas like the north east it will drop its value. 

That's just it; 100 years is NOT old for an anvil; a lot of us are using anvils older than that on a regular basis---they wear like iron you know.

Pre 1800 is when some people will start to think an anvil is "old" here in the USA.  I don't know about other countries.