I Forge Iron

Champion 400 Lower Oil Seal

Jake

I just bought a Champion 400 Blower on ebay, but there is no lower oil seal, so it won't hold oil. Anyways, wanting to return this blower to service, I need to come up with some sort of oil seal and was wondering if anyone knows what was originally used in this type of blower. I have made a couple seals out of leather, but they did not work the best and was wondering if anyone had any ideas, probably gonna try cork next.

Thanks

I believe that the champion 400 does not hold oil .... ive got 2 of them one is working in my shop the other is dissasembled to replace the bearings (they were wiped out bad) as far as i can tell there is no oil seal ... i know some guy posted on ebay blog about haveing seal but i think he was mistaken... if it runs freely i would put oil on the bearings and oil the gears thru the oiler (if its still there)...ive read that the bearings are available for these but i havnt gotten to that point yet .