I Forge Iron

Finished at last..My Nagi-dachi tachi

JPH

Finally...finished at last...My infamous Nagi-Dachi tachi...

Blade is 35" x 1 3/8" done in a "Naginata" style, Laminated/Kobuse. Double Bo-Hi. Sori is 5/8". OAL: 53 1/2" Tsuka was wrapped by Fred Lohman. I am calling this sword "Drunken Bat" due to the Hada resembling the flight of an intoxicated member of the order of Lycoptera...

Hamon is suguha (straight) Blade materials are 1095/1060/meteorite and wrought iron.

Now I have to make a new siya as I cracked the last one...seems I forgot that one shouldn't force things that don't want to go...

I hope that the photos turn out ok..

6548.attach

6549.attach

6550.attach

nice work! how are you cutting in the fullers? ive done a few and tried a few different ways (started um with dremel line , forge line , 4 in grinder on edge) havnt found a real good method yet.. always end up finishing um with a hand file ( time consumeing) is a siya a sheath? sorry for my ignorance ive done europeian style blades and havnt learned other termonolgy..

Howdy!!

The Bo-Hi were scraped in by usinga sen..didn't take as long as I though it would...In fact it was pretty quick but not as fast as foring them in...

Yeah, this not a "traditional" sword..I actually caught a lot of heat from several Japanese sword collectors, they called in an "abomination"...I really like it..Now I need to find someone who can make me a siya..sigh...

JPH

Well I went a little bit "over the top" on this....I was going for more of a naginata that was mounted as a sword...in a Do-Dachi (field sword) blade length....It handles great, now I need a siya...the one I was working on slip and well..I think it would be best if I let a "pro" handle that..

JPH