I Forge Iron

Greetings from the North

Zrognak

Hello, and hope everyone is having a good day, I found this forum today was happy I was able to join, so thank you to the person I got in contact with over facebook.

Im from the northern parts of Sweden, live in a small village out in the wilderness, I always loved metal, I may not be a professional blacksmith but I have a passion for it, it is a hobby for now cause im focusing on my jewelry education and production and I could not make a living from the crap I put out as a blacksmith.

I love how many talented and helpful people there are on the forums, as well as all the awezome creations you people create and post, thank you it will keep me busy for hours :D

Cheers!

Ah, truth be told we'll settle for common courtesy. ;)

At our last club meeting I was asked if I'd be one of the younger member's elder for the purpose of a Family tradition. In his "tribe" clan maybe, he's Alaskan Native and I've never been able to get straight when, where or if, "tribe" is correct. Anyway the clan tradition is the first fish of a species caught be given to an elder of a different family by a young adult and it's my honor to get a Silver Salmon. He has a long list of game to gift by various criteria, the tradition holds for all game taken. For instance the first of each large game taken say Moose is divvied up among the clan the judge decides who gets what cuts. Once the first is gifted everybody can keep what they take. I get the big game distribution is like a Potlatch in that the higher the status the lesser the cut. Not exactly how a Potlatch works but sort of similar. I'll have to ask IF I remember. That elder memory thing you know.

Frosty The Lucky.