I Forge Iron

Rail Anvil

DSC_0002-26.jpg
This is one of the nicest track based anvils I have come across. It isn't rusty- must have picked up the maroon on the seat cover. Whoever made it put the rounded part of the horn on the bottom. I plan to carefully radius the top of the horn. The arch in the track base offers a nice large radius curve. Ordered my gas forge today. I am still going to try thr CI frying pan or dutch oven thing for coking this weekend.mt Edited by racer3j
double

Here's a photo of my rail anvil. It's made from relatively heavy track. I keep it on the edge of my forge for a convenient place to (try to) forge weld small pieces.

That last post had the wrong photo on the left. This is the one I wanted with the rail anvil on top as a size comparison.

6420.attach

6418.attach

6419.attach

You did a fine job making a more traditional anvil from rail. We have a roundhouse here and I am going to beg a few more pieces of rail. As I said, I bought this one. I am going to use a big belt sander to just round over the top of this horn- to get closer to your result; I am going to try to keep the easing from going into the very front point.mt