I Forge Iron

Who made these diagonal pliers?

I have thrown some pretty difficult tools out to you and you've done a great job figuring them out.  Now here's what should be an easy one...  I have some diagonal pliers, fairly ordinary, but they have a maker's name (I believe) on the side of the handle that I am unfamiliar with.  It looks like IMMOFF & LAN or IMHOFF,  I'm not sure.  I can't find that maker's name in any of my reference books, nor can Google help (again), If anyone has heard of pliers made by this company please let me know.  Thanks very much.  If you are more interested in ID-ing photos than discussing makers, I have one for you, check the next post.   

Tool Gal

TA594 (2005.59.2S) Pliers, Diagonal 1470.jpg

We would be better off with our identification,  if a front view,  (front forward),  photograph & a top photograph,  (plan view),  of the whole pliers were added to this thread.

It could be a needle nose plier or a blacksmith scrolling plier, etc.

SLAG.

p.s.  I searched and found a John Imhoff and his son Joseph Imhoff. Both gentlemen worked for the Chicago Pneumatic Tool Company.  They were 'toolmakers'.

I am not certain that either of them are the maker of your tool.

Google books has an 1875 German language toolmakers directory with "Imhoff & Lange"  listed on page 55.

FYI, I just typed in "Imhoff &" on the standard google toolbar, and this came up on the first page. There are also lots of folks dealing in Imhoff & Lange tools on FleaBay, if you want some idea of their range.

Industrie-Lexicon von Rheinland-Westphalen. ... Nach amtlichen ... Quellen ... aufgenommen, etc

Thanks to every one who chimed in on the Imhoff connection.  Slag, did you know that if you type John Imhoff, Chicago Pneumatic Tool Company into Google your quote from this site comes up as the second hit?   Woo Hoo, you are famous.

Thanks all!

ToolGal