I Forge Iron

Nice little $12 find...

Thanks, I was sure happy to find it. I just picked up that rounding hammer last week. The two peen hammers I made from 3lb sledges, Im sure you can see that. I got a couple other oddball hammers hanging up around. Like a straight peen headed tim smiths hammer that comes in handy from time to time.

Id say yea, when I got the anvil almost all of the hardy hole was gone. I completely rebuilt the anvil from the front of the hardy hole back. Its killing me not having the heel and pritchel hole :mad: The horn needs reworked too. Ive been looking for another anvil for a while but no luck. This one is doing ok for now.

Edited by KYBOY

I was just curious since most anvils break across the pritchel hole or hardy hole.
I wouldn't worry about it........there are lots of ways around problems.
We just had a BP presented last week on how to make an easy 'hold down' tool........that fits in the hardy hole!

Well the old thing still does pretty good. Got pretty good rebound and the face aint to bad. Edges are rolled somewhat but hey it was free ;) I was thinking of making a pritchel hole hardy plate as soon as I run across a suitable piece of steel.