I Forge Iron

So smote it be!

Actually I was wondering about gender variations of jobs: Brewer:Brewster, Actor:Actress, Hammer:Hamster, Spinner:Spinster, Poet:Poetess, Shepherd:Shepherdess...

But several like mason or smith; I don't know of a term for the distaff craftspeople...

Us girls used to take on many roles which otherwise would have been men's..   Biggest problem was the oppression of females and gender inequality..  Strength simply ruled the day.. A gun or a knife helps but when your half the size well it sure is tough..  History also shunned the female heroines.. 

In certain states if the husband died without a will it reverted back to a male relative despite the wife..  In other areas it was forbidden for women to own property outright.. 

We are scrappers..  And many of use look good doing it..  I often find I have mixed emotions about it because sometimes part of me wants to be the helpless damsel in distress when I'm feeling blue, but then I snap out of it when quality is vital to what is being made.. 

I love getting all dolled up but it sure is hard to look good when you have mascara and lipstick smeared across your face..  Was 94F in the trailer today as I worked away on the latest video.. :) 

I've often wished the history we were taught was a more honest picture of the world but history is written by the victors. I was about twelve when I read Winston Churchill, "History of the English Speaking Peoples" In that work he treats, briefly, the story of Boudicca, the English Woman and tribal leader who gave the ninth legion a hard go during the Roman occupation of Britain. For some reason that story sparked my enthusiasm for adventure more than Malory and his Knights. I suspect the reason her story and probably countless others have been glossed over or omitted all together is because they challenge the notions of gender rolls in patriarchal society.