I Forge Iron

Help ID anvil

Attached is an image of an anvil for sale just above san diego county in my area. Its 117# and the seller is asking 350 for it. Seems like a good deal, but he gives no other information on the anvil.

Is anyone familiar with this anvil or knows the maker/quality? 

Thank you in advance for your help!

00s0s_9NLYGgoF2SR_600x450.jpg

Odd looking anvil. Can't tell if it's cast or welded up from solid stock. Price isn't bad, but unless it checks out perfect (good rebound, etc), I would steer clear. Never overinvest in an anvil you're going to regret.

Looks to me like a cast base with a face and nose job added to it.  TEST IT!  If it tests good then it's a good anvil no matter what anyone says.  If it tests bad it's a bad anvil no matter what anyone says.  The ball bearing test is the most important one and if it was constructed: how was the top fastened to the body?---the ring test should indicate if it was a fully connected join.

Awesome information guys, yeah a friend is looking to buy and sent me this posting and it looked odd to be as well. Can't tell If its cast with a welded face or what haha. 

If interested I will.be going with him to check it for rebound, ring, and delamination. All the usuals.

Thanks for the reply!