I Forge Iron

Forged Daisy, Could use a couple pointers.

Ok as the Thread title states, I could use help with this Daisy. I'm in the planning phase and have looked at a lot of Videos and examples of Forged Flowers. Now I know a popular option is cut the shapes from sheet metal and "add texture" by shaping with a hammer. I don't like this option and this is not a project for profit its more of an artistic piece as a special gift for a friend of mine. I asked her what her favorite flower was and she said Daisy, I was hoping for a rose or the bell shaped Lily I've seen, those are much easier, lol.

So What I'm asking is some ideas or pointers. 

My resources are VERY limited. I don't have much in the lines of tools and my skills are novice at best. 

My Idea I was thinking about was to forge the petals individually like a Forged Leaf and then forge weld them to a ring or metal and that could be flattened once they are get connected. the pollen/seed section and stem would be separately forged and the seed/pollen part would hold the petal ring on and I could rivet it to the stem. 

Am I over complicating things? Should I do something different? Some suggestions would be very much appreciated. I want this to be something I'm Happy with giving her.

Whatis wrong with cutting out sheet for part of it? You can do that with a cold chisel. You can also squish a piece of metal down into a roughly round shape punch a hole, texture it, hot cut petals, upset one end of some round stock, tenon it, drop you flower petals over it then pein the tenon and texture that for the stamen. If you think ahead you could even drop some leaves and some other flower parts in before putting the petals down. Sorry one of the problems with getting older is I lose words sometimes, can't think of the right ones.

This is Why I asked for help, lol. I didn't think of any of that. I'm still a novice and sometimes my creative thought is over complicated >.>

Why no Sheet? I dunno, it feels "cheaty" and more production line versus something special. 

I believe I've watched that [video] before. the design is familiar.

Please do not quote everything you're responding to. If you haven't already, go read The Quote Feature

Edited by Mod34
Excessive quoting

Slit some blackpipe and then neck it down for the stem?  Note many flowers have an odd number of petals and so laying out with the dividers is a bit more work; but still quite possible.

Forge welding small delicate items is a very high end skill indeed. If that is a viable option for you and your equipment and skill sets; why not just forge one from a stellite valve? Sheet metal gives you the option of making a number from a bunch of different metals: steel, stainless steel, monel, copper, bronze and colouring them in different ways.