I Forge Iron

Farriers anvils generally have a clip on the side near where the horn and body meet. new ones may have turning cams built in on a side or end.

Farriers Anvils tend to be on the small side as they were often moved from jobsite to jobsite and the old large ones made for a shop may have a very narrow face. I once owned a 190# Hay Buden swell horned farrier's anvil that the face on it was about 1/2 the widh of my 90# general smithing anvil. The horn was quite large though and was wider than the body of the anvil!

Some fairly modern farrier's anvils have been cast from "semi-steel" or other varieties of cast iron that are more ductile than the plain old gray cast iron of the HF ASO's.

most farriers anvill these days are fairly light,
some even have cast aluminum boddy's with a steel upperbody and face.
I would not advise one of those for general smithing work.
the clip on the the side of a farriers anvil is meant to "pul a clip" on a shoe, (a toe clip or side clips). the turning cams are used to adjust the last bend, in the end of a horse shoe, to adjust, not to actually turn them, thats done over the horn, also a hinde shoe has to often have a straightnend out partion in the quarter of the toe, to do this you need a narrow flat surface, that why some farriers anvils have a narrowed heel, or a second or flatend horn.
remember that perfectly fitting a shoe is millimeter work.
some farriers prefere softer anvils, like the O'Dwyer anvils with are cast in SG-iron, witch only have a 24 rockwell hardness, (they are dustibuted by mustad) this is mostely done for sound reduction end to make clod forming work "stick" to the envil better. I no fan of this, and most farriers i know don't eiter, but their all people who do more warm shoeing and less cold shoeing.

kind regards