Jump to content
I Forge Iron

Need Help Identifying Blacksmith Tools...

Recommended Posts

Cleaned up all my hardies and a 146# PW, and these are the ones I do not know what they are, or used for. Any help from the blacksmiths out there would be great. Please refer to them by the number when replying so I know what one you are talking about. All of the pictures can be seen at:

Photos 1, 2, 3, 4

HPIM0974-large.JPG HPIM0984-large.JPG HPIM1000-large.JPG HPIM0999-large.JPG

cbl4823 - ANY IDEAS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just did a search for blacksmith bob and cup, nothing comes up. Do you know what they are used for? I was told by one person it was a countersink, and also was told it is used to put dimples on metal. Do they go together or seperate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I picked up an old piece of large plumbing steel last night, it's the connical cover for a rod that actuated a valve---I'm using it as a cone mandrel.

The pieces are used for whatever the smith needs them for. Two smiths might use them for radically different items. In general I call things swages, hardy tools and usefull shapes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...