I Forge Iron

New and convincing version of an old scam

ladysmith

I just received this email that I'm sure is just a new and much more convincing version of an old scam. It is suprisingly convincing in that the grammar, and spelling are very American. Of course the premise is an old scam, so it set off lots of "red flags". I did check and US money orders are legal and apparently easy enough to cash in the UK. Anyway here it is so you all can be warned.

Pam

Hello Dear,

Good day to you, my name is Susan Bryant, I am an artist with my husband James Bryant, and we are the owner of Susan Art World. I'm from London, United Kingdom with my two kids, four cats, one dog and the love of my life my husband James Bryant. It is definitely a full house. I have been doing artwork since I was a small child. That gives me about 23 years of experience. I majored in art in high school and took a few college art courses. Most of my work are done in either pencil or airbrush mixed with color pencils. I have recently added designing and creating artwork on the computer. I have been selling my art for the last 3 years and have had my work featured on trading cards, prints and in magazines. I have MARKET all my art works & galleries to private companies in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA).

I'm always facing serious difficulties when it comes to PAYMENTS, This is because all my customers in AMERICA are always offering to pay me with U.S POSTAL MONEY ORDERS OR CASHER'S CHQUE, And it is very difficult for me to cash U.S POSTAL MONEY ORDERS OR CASHER'S CHQUE HERE in LONDON, This is Because The United Kingdom Government does not permit the usage of U.S POSTAL MONEY ORDERS OR CASHER'S CHQUE HERE IN LONDON.

Right now, I'm looking for a representative in the (AMERICA) who can be helping me to cash the U.S POSTAL MONEY ORDERS OR CASHER'S CHQUE IN THE (AMERICA) and wire the cash to me here in London, I have a lot of customers in AMERICA and they all wanted to pay me with U.S POSTAL MONEY ORDERS or CASHER'S CHQUE, so I write you to seek for your help in partnership, I want you to by my partner in AMERICA so that all my customers can be issuing the MONEY ORDERS OR CASHER'S CHQUE in your name and you will CASH THE MONEY ORDERS OR CASHER'S CHEQUE and send CASH to me here in LONDON.

If you accept this offer, you shall be receiving 10% commission as your interest for each transaction, I will instruct all my customers to raise MONEY ORDERS OR CASHER'S on your name and send it to your address, Then when you receive the MONEY ORDERS and cash them, you will deduct 10% from the total money as your commission, and send the balance to me here in LONDON, This project is 100% risk free and it is legal from the American Government, if you are interested, kindly send me the below information's:

1. Your Complete Full Names.
2. Your Residential Address.
3. Your Telephone Number or Your Mobile Phone Number for easy comnunication
4. Age and Occupation.

Finally Dear, My website is under construction and as soon as it is ready on the internet, you will be notified to view some of my art work, once again, This project is 100% risk free and it is legal from the America Government and here with the British Government, so fill free to make up your mind and email me back with the above information's to enable us proceed. Thanks for finding time to read my proposal.

N/B: Please get back to us through our private alternative e-mail box (susanjamesbryant55@yahoo.com).

Kindly reply as soon as you can.

Friendly Regards.
Mrs. Susan J. Bryant.

A twist on the Nigerian scam.

I saw a really scary one the other day. Got a note from Ebay Inc. saying I needed to update my credit card info. Of course, I do business with EBAY but not with Ebay Inc. so this was a scam. I am also surprised that the real EBAY hasn't gone after them.

HWool,
Apparently, there are MANY people (if dirtbags qualify as people) that are attempting to pose both as ebay and paypal. I have never rec'd a legitimate email from either of them that asks for any type of information. Both paypal and ebay request that you forward those messages to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com, respectively. Whether or not they actually do anything with them is another story...

• 2 weeks later...

The other night on EBAY. A man from Italy offers for sale

#1 2003 model L3010 Kubota tractor
#2 front end loader
#3 five foot box blade
#4 five shreader
#5 New 8'X18' car hauling trailer with ramps
He is to pay the shipping and freight to your place.

All of this for the grand total of $3,200.00 US money.

The catch --The money($3,200.00) in the form of a cashiers check is to be sent to ITALY.

I bet he got a taker.BOG.

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...