I Forge Iron

anvil, somebody help me?

I am so I am so new to blacksmithing that I'm beginning now, like right now! I would like to know if anyone can help me by identifying this anvil for me please I can only tell you that when I put my hands on it it feels rich with history I just don't know what it is , the second picture is the actual color in the first I adjusted the contrast and sharpness to try to bring out the logo I appreciate anything someone can tell me thank you

IMG_20171121_192021.jpg

IMG_20171121_184939.jpg

Is there a specific location you want to know what it's worth at?  We have people from over 100 countries participating here on the WORLD WIDE WEB and prices can vary quite a bit.

As to age: njanvilman owns and runs the Fisher museum and can probably give you a *good* answer to that question.

28 minutes ago, C-1ToolSteel said:

It's an early Fisher. Cast iron body with a steel face. Looks to be in good condition from what the pic shows. And yes, it is rich with history alright! If only he could talk...

Thank you very much if there's anything else you can tell me any more inside or maybe where I can find out more

3 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Is there a specific location you want to know what it's worth at?  We have people from over 100 countries participating here on the WORLD WIDE WEB and prices can vary quite a bit.

As to age: njanvilman owns and runs the Fisher museum and can probably give you a *good* answer to that question.

thank you thank you very much sorry if I seem ignorant I'm just very interested and very uninformed but excited to learn thank you

Not to derail the topic, but just a curious question of mine. This anvil and a few other Fisher's ive seen have what looks to be a gusset underneath the heel.  

Any info on this feature generally? Why more anvil makers didn't strengthen under the heel on london pattern anvils? etc

It just seems like a smart addition, but i'm guessing either the forging of it is incredibly difficult or that it hampers the functionality of the anvil by making use of the pritchel/hardy more cumbersome. Anyhoo, nice anvil for sure!